Wednesday, August 23, 2006

W.O.T.Y


And so with one proclamation, the little girl is someone's wife.. with that single action, she's now a "Datin". She looks so happy. I pray that she will not be forsaken by her man, and wish her all the happiness that she has long dreamed of.

As she slips the ring on to the groom's finger, I can't help but see the tell-tale mark of the previous band. And I thought to myself, he used to build his life with another, he promised to be true to her, but it was over. I wondered how she's taking all this, and wished her all my best as she begins her new life.

Love is truly blind, to quote a song, "..it's like chocolate cake, like cigarette.. I know they're bad.. but I just can't get enough...".

I can't really say that I know the little girl well, but by association, I know her ups and downs and in a certain way, I feel close to her. She certainly always makes me feel good about myself and even with her stature, she'd still come up and say hello to me in the open air car park while I was walking back to my car.

She's so optimistic about everything, and in the rush of having our pictures taken, she said, "welcome to the club..!" .. I corrected her and said, "..No, you, welcome to the club.. It's not easy you know..." To which she replied in her giggling girlish manner, " tau..."

Many happy returns, and semoga bahagia hingga ke anak cucu..

-ushered-L