Thursday, October 05, 2006

Soulmate..


I came across this while clicking the time away yesterday and the entry got me to thinking about it. Deep inside all of us want to believe in the concept of soulmate. I once heard a very interesting remark on this - "I don't believe in soulmates but I believe that once you've found that special someone, you work hard to make the relationship work. And vice-versa." Even a non believer believes in the notion that we all eventually will find that other person that essentially can complete you.

Remember that line from Jerry Maguire?

You complete me.

Can there be any other 3 words that so succinctly describe someone's gratitude in making themselves whole?

I'm not saying that all of you singles out there are running around half complete. I've been there.. And I truly believed I was complete (complete neurotic and complicated person..), but the search was on.. and it doesn't necessarily mean that we're always in search for the sensational person who can treat you like the goddess that you are. The search was on to find things, activities that'll make you feel complete, even just for that split second.

With that said, I'm not saying that it's okay for those who has supposedly found their other half to go out and search for things that'll complete you further.. Because in this case, you should be searching for something that will complete the both of you, like that diamond ring or the latest offerings in the golf setion. As long as it does not affect the precarious balance which you've been working so hard for.

And so, do I believe in soulmates? ..I do, the foolish romantic that I am.. but I also know we all live in the real world, where romance is but a lilliputian island surrounded by harsh waters.

But still, I have found mine.. there I've said it.. Would he say the same?

-soulful-L