Monday, March 05, 2007

Java Jazzzzzzz


..

Really, I know almost nothing about jazz, in fact when I was at the Jazz fest, a 5 year old girl put me to shame. She was telling us how bummed out she was that she missed Jeffrey Osborne's show. And all I could think of was, "hmmm.. I wonder if he's related to Ozzy?". I didn't say that out loud of course, or I might just be stoned to death by the throngs of jazz lovers at the Convention Centre.

Okay, so we went to Java Jazz, I'm not a die hard jazz-erina.. but I do love music in general, the experience, the sounds, the way it makes your body sway and groove.. and of course, the musicians (wink*).

But this trip was extra special, it was intended to be a "girls only" weekend, with lots of shopping, bargain hunting, eye candy h
unting, a little music... spa-ifying.. You get the drift. We meant to go on Friday night to catch Sergio Mendez, but Mangga Dua drained us out. Went to see the band at HRC instead.. heheh.. signs of becoming a groupie.. I think .. yesss!

Our groupie-ness came into effect when with sheer luck and a little bit of perseverence in trying to find a local designer kebaya top in a very unassuming mall brought us to a corner where some shoes were on sale.. There she was.. all in black, hair big as ever.. (to match her *erm* chest, I guess) walking and laughing!!

Chaka Khan

It's a long story.. and one that I will be telling over and over again to my friends. But since I'm not really coherent right now due to extreme pill popping over the last 5 days, I am unable to re-live that episode of my life.. I'll go straight to the big ending.

We had our picture taken with her while screaming, "Malaysia-lah!".

Our trip, as they'd say it in Jakarta.. "SUKSES dong!".. it even includes bumping into Glenn and what else.. more photo opportunities.. too bad we missed his and Marcel's gig. And oh! Krispy Kreme.. how can I miss that one out?

And now I have to lie down. I just had my wisdom tooth taken out. Please do not assume that if I don't write in the next couple of days, I've grown less wise.. I'm planning to make big bucks with the little critter.. (yes, I took it home). Tooth fairy, come by tonight ya?

-I-can-still-eat-KrispyKreme-cos-it's-so-soft-L