Thursday, September 13, 2007

The tale of Fiji and Kiki

So, when we were in HK, G-Man wanted to take us out for dinner. First of all, it was so weird because he insisted I bring my kid along... and on top of that he went out of his way (well... he didn't do all the work..) to find a "child-friendly" restaurant to go to.. Obviously being (erm..perhaps.. thinking that..) single and HOT, the only place he goes to are in Lan Kwai Foong.

In the end I just told him that we can just go anywhere as long as it's not the pub/club scene, as I doubt that they'll have high chairs (the ones at the bar doesn't count). We decided on Ruth Christie's steak joint.

Food was great, company was even better and when it comes to getting the bill, G-Man paused... I've known this guy for 6 years now, and I've never seen him flinch when it comes to picking up the tab.

Eating out in HK is expensive.. but you'll never guess how much our precious mineral water cost us.. well him.

US$15

For less than a litre.

And we went through 5 bottles.

The water was more expensive than my meal!

The water was about 260 ringgit.

More than his wine.

... And yes, he made us finish the water we had in our glasses..

Does water from Fiji taste better than water collected at some water source in Taiping? I don't know, as far as I'm aware, I've never heard of any water tasting session...

At least it was perfectly chilled...


And for those who were curious.. When Ni-Mu caught sight of Mickey Mouse.. she hopped and clapped all the way to the town square screaming "KIKI!KIKI!"... I see a groupie unfolding right before me....

-drink-a-lot-L