Monday, October 13, 2008

Are you alive Romance?

So, what do you do when you have a gazillionaire boyfriend, who stocks up a walk in closet (which used to be his library) with Jimmy Choos and rows and rows of haute couture? You count your blessing. Of course, this was a scene from Lipstick Jungle.. but for a moment I imagined what it would be like to be that girl. Argh! And now, he's schmoozing and dancing with her while a guy plays the piano and a wonderfully voiced lady sings.

We mere mortals may not have that kind of romance, but I see them around me. The Geek and Chief Baker Fairy walks hand in hand after supper; my mum and dad tasting food and telling each other what each other should eat and which ones to avoid; a friend getting excited on fb about his date with his wife...

Romance is not dead.

As long as people know that some things are important enough not to let go, romance will stay alive. And I shall leave it at that.

-L