Friday, August 03, 2007

My solecism...

A long lost friend once told me that people do stupid things. And there's nothing we can do about it.

I asked him, "Have you done lots of stupid things?"

He answered, "Yes, many.. "

I asked again, "Do you think I'm making a stupid mistake now?"

"Yes.." He said , his eyes bore into mine. Pleading. " I don't want to be your stupid mistake"

That was 10 years ago.

I saw him today, as I was walking to the car, my whole life in tow.

He said hello. I smiled back, "Hey! Look at you.." . I wanted to say so many things, but just couldn't.

I wanted to tell him, he was right.. people do stupid things .. but he was not a mistake per say, because I learned so much from him. Seeing him again today, reminded me how much I have grown. Without trying to make him appear like a mere object ... he was useful after all...

-there's-always-something-somebody-can-do-L