Sunday, June 18, 2006

All in a day's work


I believe I wrote in one of my posts that ironing helps me to calm down, provided that the mood kicks in. So just now, I decided to iron Homer's shirts to calm my nerves while watching Japan vs. Croatia match. Surprised? like I said.. I don't hate football.. in fact during my uni days, I actually followed the EPL religously. I mean, you gotta admit.. a woman can always have some fun watching 22 fit and athletic men running around in shorts, right?? If men can objectify women, so can we.

Homer would've been proud of how worked up I got with the game.. to the point of cursing in Japanese. Righto, back to calming my nerves. I was ironing one of Homer's work uniform that he had to wear in a recent conference and at the back of the shirt it said, "Reduce Uncertainty To Maximize Recovery". Huh? Was my first reaction.

Then it dawned upon me, let's for one minute take it out of the context of his work. This can be applied in our everyday situation. Think about it. When we have everything out in the open, as in laid out so that all is transparent - then you have nothing to fear and in fact, nothing to lose and everything to gain. In other words, if one is open and truthful; you project to other people your principles and in turn, you will get the most of what you want from people around you.

Applied on football, it will be something like, get as many goals so the team is certain to maximise their chance of winning.

Applied on everyday life, getting people to see the real you so that they in turn will be true to you.

Well, it kinda made sense when I was ironing.. more psycho babble next time I iron... don't hold your breath though..

-iron-lady-L