Thursday, June 22, 2006

What marriage?


I'm not a cynical person, but I have to say, everytime I hear someone say, "Well.. I/She/He married you, didn't I/She/He ??"; I get a little pang of fury. So, just because at one point of time, one decides to take the plunge with another, we're meant to feel relieved and having a sense of euphoria?

Key word: "at one point of time"

Yes, we should feel like we're on cloud nine when we know that this is the ONE, the ONE to have and to hold, through bad and good times, till death do us part. But it's definitely NOT just about that instant .. It's about being in a team, unfailingly with each second that goes by. Marriage is not a trophy that you can lift up and say, "We did it!" , in fact, it should just be, "Been there, done that.. Now for OUR next move..." From here on, is where the real award kicks in.

Everytime you do something that makes the other happy, you deserve a medal and for each sincere sacrifice you'll go further ahead in the pursuit of happiness. For each time one holds back from hurting the other, then both can claim themselves as a clear winner; you for putting another before yourself and her for having someone who truly cares for her heart. This, ladies and gentlemen; as you can see has NOTHING to do with, "I married you, didn't I?"

Today, Homer and I celebrate our 4th Wedding Anniversary. I often (okay.. more than often) ask him why he loves me (notice it's "love" and NOT "married") and he'll always have some wacky answer, like, "reason no#3652 : because you say, I'm on camp Anniston!" (And I said this with conviction and much fervor!).

Here's to many more wacky reasons ...

-reason#1-L