Thursday, August 04, 2005

Time is ticking..


Things has been a little bit topsy turvy lately. Homer is concerned with his position here in Dubai and how there’s not much room for him to grow career wise. Meanwhile, I have a million things to do to ensure the success of a new venture here. Then comes the bomb – people back home wants Homer to come back and take up a new position, and typical for people in this company, we may have as little as 2 weeks to pack up and leave.

Alamak! My boss is going to kill me.. first I drop the news that I want to move to Dubai, then the preggios news and now, I may be leaving Dubai right smack in the middle of sensitive negotiations…

On one hand, I’m thrilled to be delivering the baby back home and having all the support I need from my family, friends and the makcik urut, but on the other hand, I’m kind of disappointed that I’ll be leaving my so called expatriate’s wives life and a handful of new friends here.

Packing will be hell.

*sigh*

I really have to stop whining.. after all, life’s been very good to me.

Tomorrow, Super-Lawyer-Gal might drop by, if she can cut her Cairo trip short. Can’t wait to goss till we drop.

-enjoying-it-while-it-lasts-L