Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I am 17, going on 18..

Today will forever be remembered as the day I turn 17 again..

I decided to take little Ni-Mu out to Carrefour to get some stuff. Because she's having a slight fever, and I am recovering from a cold, it had to be a short trip, so I just went out with my jeans, black tank top and I slipped on a pair of pink flip-flops. No make up

Decided to get an ice cream cone after I was done, so I was just hanging around in front of F.O.S while finishing my ice cream, Ni-Mu conveniently sleeps in her stroller. A group of young malay boys came and started to make conversation with me..

"ooi. kaklong makan ice cream sorang jer? tak share ngan adik langsung.. tak baikk.."

erk?

"lepas ni buat aper? tinggal kat mana? mlm ni kalu tak buat aper, jom la join kitorang kat NZ"

waaaa...

I just smiled and said, " erm.. tak boley la.. kena jaga adik.. "

"alaaa... mlm pun kena jaga adik ke?"

ha..ah...

"you sekolah mana? "

asrama..I replied

"oo budak pandai.."

no-laaa

"oii.. cakap omputehhhh.. mesti english dapat A1 nih.."

I just couldn't believe it! I'm being chatted up by young "kutoids" as I would call it, back in the days. And actually "layan".

"aikk.. habis ice cream terus nak blah? takut mak marah ke?"

ha-ah..

I just didn't have the heart to tell them that the "adik" they're referring to is my baby girl, and the supposed "girl" they were chatting up, has stretch marks all over her stomach and upper thighs!

Have I discovered the fountain of youth? I have been gulping down Tylenol cold syrup this past few days.. or could it be due to my short stint of SKII facial cleansing regime? Whatever it was.. It's great to know that I can still pass off as a schoolgirl..

-nama-saya-L