Monday, December 18, 2006

Time heals all wounds

Last night, I caught up with Subby Hubs at Suzi's. It's been ages since I was last there. It has changed somewhat.. no one looked familiar.. except for the Western food ladies. I was so looking forward to their maggie goreng, but alas, it was just too dry..

And then I saw him. The guy who broke my heart, years ago. He looked good, clean .. sober. And the funniest thing is, the pain is no longer there. I actually had to really think hard what happened between us, and even when I did recall the things he put me through.. I felt .. nothing.. no heartache, no anger..

So Subby Hubs and I started to talk about how we do tend to forget certain things and move on with our lives, and when something awakens the memory of long lost stories.. we're reminded of how much we've grown since then and .. how it changes your perspective in life.

He was just a table away, I know he's looking at me but whenever I tried to lock eyes with him, he'll look away. I just wanted him to look into my eyes and see who I've become. This is one person, whether I like to admit it or not, shaped me to who I am today.

-I-need-more-time-L