Tuesday, December 05, 2006

No more hoping..

People keep saying that, "In life, nothing is certain." Forrest Gump said, " Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get." And quoting that famous phrase from Heidi Klum's Project Runway - One day you're in, the next, you're out.

So what's new? Nothing surprises me anymore. Men and women behaving badly, husbands cheating, wives lying, backstabbing friends, colleagues pulling you down, parents ignoring their children, children snubbing their parents. It makes you wonder why life can be so cruel.

But then you hear of wonderful things like, "Adam has cut his first tooth!", "I've been promoted" or "Mmuah mama..".

A few nights ago, while watching Oprah (don't roll your eyes.. she's only the best girlfriend ever..), something struck me. We always hear people saying, "I hope...." or "We hope.." but the guy who was interviewed said something profound, "HOPE is not a PLAN". And he's right, hope is not a plan. It may sound harsh, but the reality is; we all should be thinking what we are going to do about it rather than hoping it'll get better.

So for today, since I'm feeling lousy, I'm not going to hope I'll feel better. I plan to go out and get something from the BCBG sale.

-retail-therapist-L