Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I can speak Indonesian..??


If you all could see me this morning, you’d either roll on the floor laughing or be really..really impressed with my skills.

There I was; standing by the side of the projector, introducing my product and training, in … get this, Bahasa Indonesia! (or the little that I know of the language). It’s a combination of what I have learned after watching Indonesian movies like Ada Apa Dengan Cinta; Eiffel, I’m In Love and my experience with other people’s Indonesian maids.

To top it off, they actually taped the session… I must have been good.. During the break, they ran out to get more tapes!

I normally train in English, in fact all my materials are in English. Even back in KL, I did my presentation in English.

They were so impressed with my Indonesian language that they have asked me to give a talk when they launch the product early April. I have another session tomorrow, hope that my newly discovered language skills is NOT a fluke and I will still be able to deliver.

Apparently, Bandung is lined with factory outlet shops, a haven for someone like me. And there’s a few around the hotel! Time to hit the road… Muahahahaa! Don’t you worry Homer, it’s my money….

-gue-hebat-deh!-L