Sunday, February 06, 2005

My new shopping partner.


Many of you out there don’t know this, but one of the gazillion reasons why I love Homer is that he can metamorphosize into a 6-foot-shoe-loving-gurrlllfriend. Alright, it did take a lot of coaching and bribes the first few weeks we were together but I am misty eyed at how he has blossomed…

Dubai is halfway through its shopping festival (DSF), so I decided to check out some brand bargains at the Emirates Towers’ shopping boulevard. Anxiously, I stepped into the Jimmy Choo store, my heart palpitates as I saw the sign “70%”. Please oh please…. Let there be a strappy in my size.. *dub, dub, dub, d-dub, d-dub, d-dub*

Sweetie.. look.. and it’s size 35..
(Black, strappy with pearl details) *gasp*
And it’s 70% off.., try it on.. (in hushed tones)
Verrry nice…

Yes people, the tête-à-tête above, came from my former homophobic other half. And here, far .. far .. away from my usual shopping partners, he makes an excellent stand-in.

We walked out happily with a shopping bag; inside is a brown leather Prada shoe. Who knew that he would end up getting the shoes instead of me? In his defense, the shoes were a STEAL, while the fickle minded that I am wants some more time to search for that strappy heels.

-should-i-get-that-jimmy-choo-L?