Monday, February 21, 2005

RUSH!


Braved myself and drove to the Gold Souk area, found a parking spot with minutes to spare before the meeting.

*discuss… discuss…*

Zoomed back to the Springs, threw training materials, 2 suits and toiletteries (including all my hair products) in the suitcase.

*clean.. clean… vacuum.. wipe.. wipe.. *

*shower.. tra-la-la*

Picked up Homer from work, dropped off his colleague and braved the traffic to Dubai airport.

Cue song, “ I’m leaving… on a jet plane…”

*fly… fly..*

So groggy, did not get much rest in the plane. My brother picked me up and sent me back to my place. Unpacked and re-packed for Bandung trip.

*shut-eye*

In between, I managed to have dinner with my parents and caught up with the latest KL news with Super Lawyer Gal over the phone. It is a miracle that I managed to catch the 5.45 a.m. train back to KLIA.

Long queue over at Air Asia’s “international departures”. Wow! Those girls behind the counter has waaayyy too much make-up on. They all looked like Mimi from the Drew Carey Show.. Tried very hard not to stare and laugh as I gave my passport.

*fly.. fly… (again)*

Grumbling as I saw no one waiting for me at Bandung airport. I’m not even sure where I’ll be staying. Called Mr. A, but it was off. Oh-Kayyy… Last email mentioned that I’m supposed to be put up at Hyatt. Taxi it is then.

Right, my name is not on the Hyatt’s guest reservations list. Went to the business centre, saw an email “.. apologies, Hyatt is full, we’ve booked you at Holiday Inn ..”

Arrrgghhh!!

Taxi again. Prayed that it will NOT fall apart..

*rattle… rattle.. vroom .. rattle.. *

The traffic here is as mad as Tehran’s.

Phew! Me and luggage arrived safely. The door held on!

Unpacked and hanged slightly crumpled shirts. Looks okay, too tired to care

*stomach growling.. *

Mee Bandung perhaps?

-letih-gila-L