Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Hamsterina?


Alright, this may be NEWS to some people out there; but Homer and I are not on any sort of birth control. My apologies if this is waaayy too much information for you all. However, we are not really trying either. How can we? We can’t even stay together for more than 35 days, let alone have sex every day. And to tell you the truth, Homer himself is a BIG baby!

Some time ago, I received a very interesting mail from Brave Lawyer Gal. Here’s an excerpt:

“.. i was reading my old health mags last week and found a little article stating that echinacea tested on hamsters were found to hv resulted in the hamsters' eggs not being able to be penetrated by sperms…the article also talks about how these herbal stuffs are not thoroughly tested vis a vis its effects on human...so, it's a case of the world being cautious of its adverse effects. so there. thoughti should pass this to u. the article failed to specify the similarities between hamsters' eggs and human eggs...but it just ended with asimple warning i.e. if u wanna cocneive dont take Echinacea..”

* Ignore the spelling slip-ups; it is after all, an email between friends. Not in ANY way does this represent her professional vocation. She is an excellent lawyer!

When I read the mail, I had this mental picture;

Me, as a little hamster scurrying in my little exercise wheel. Then zoom into my uterus where my eggs are (a-la zooms like in the C.S.I. series), and seeing Homer spermatozoas butting their heads on my impenetrable eggs. Each of them saying, “D’oh!” over and over again.

Heheh..

Alright, no more echinacea then. Let’s make life a little bit easier for those sperms. Errmm …. Perhaps it is time for Homer to have a friend …


-i-think-i-make-a-cute-hamster-L