Sunday, March 06, 2005

Time waits for no one...

{kletak, kletak, kletak… damn kitten heels!}

*whirring noise of the suitcase roller*

..running
..heavy breathing..

L: Dubai?? (huff, huff….)
Man: No, Karachi. (huff, huff..)
L: Oh.. we’re on the same flight! (huff…)
Man: Thank God! I thought I’m the last one! (huff….)
L: You checked in your luggage? (huff…)
Man: Yes! (huff, huff..)
L: Oh, good.. They won’t leave without you.. (huff..)

..still running ( feel like fainting.. but. Must. Make. It. To. Gate. C 36..)

Airport guy: Ms. L and Mr. Ahmed ?? We made 3 announcements!!
L: (huff..) Sorry, we’re here now.. (huff..)
Man: Yes.. yes sorry.. (huff..)

Airport guy to walkie-talkie: Okay, last 2 passengers is at the gate.. No need to load off luggage.

L: Thanks (huff…)

I’ve had many close call before, but NEVER this late. I just had to have breakfast at La Bodega after checking myself in at the KL Central station. I thought I can catch the 11.45 am train to the airport, but completely forgot that after 10 am, the train runs every 20 minutes. So, I had no choice and took the 12.00 pm train, arriving at the airport 12.30 pm.

Flight departs 12.45 pm.

I RAN all the way to the gate.

That’s why my life is NEEDLESSLY COMPLICATED!



-body-aching-all-over-L