Wednesday, July 06, 2005

19 weeks and counting..


If the doctor’s count is correct, I am coming up to the beginning of my 19 weeks of preggios. According to BabyCentre, head to bottom, the baby is approximately 6 inches long (about the length of a small zucchini). Being the ignorant produce person, I am in limbo on how a zucchini should look like, or is zucchini the same with a cucumber? Aren’t they from the same family? And if so, why can’t they just say the length of a small cucumber instead? But then, size is relative, so a small zucchini for them could be medium sized for me!

Six inches long, hmmm.. I was brought up by the metric system, so again, this was a little bit confusing for me too. But I can make an intelligent guess on this, I normally wear 3 inch heels, so double that.. whooaa!! Quite a length, but what about the width? Which brings me back to the zucchini.. 6 inch zucchini.. I don’t know about the rest of you out there, but if there is no mention in the beginning of this entry on being preggios… This section sounds very dodgy.

Why can’t the website use something more universal for this? Somewhere in the line of bags or purses perhaps? I mean, how well do you know your vegetables? And really, zucchini is not particularly recognized by many people! Cucumber, yes, but not zucchini!

Now, bags… that's something that I can identify with, plus it has various depths and widths. For example, they can say the following (which will probably make sense to many preggios out there)-

At 19 weeks, your baby is approximately the size of the mini Murukami LV bag or the small Louise Vuitton pochette.

I rest my case.

Not only will I understand that statement, but it is also refreshing! And for the ladies and gents who are not quite sure what it looks like, simply go to the store. Who knows? With some little bats of those eyelashes, and rubbing of tummy, preggios may walk out with a handy pochette!!

Can’t wait till the baby gets bigger… ( .. and so does the bags… Muahahaha!)

-bag-lady-L