Thursday, July 14, 2005

The butterfly effect..


Tell me what’s wrong with this picture.

The TV switched on to “E” Channel, with a program that shows how the young Hollywood stars are mysteriously “thinning” with strict diet regime and exercise. Then the host kept on talking about how “we” – the public; can slink into the skimpiest outfit for the summer in just 10 days!

While seriously watching the whole show, a woman heartily eats Maggie goreng (fried instant noodles), like there’s no tomorrow.

Absolutely nothing.

I am pregnant so I am allowed to eat whatever I want (I just have the craving for Maggie mee nowadays so sue me!)

I know I am supposed to eat healthily, iron intake, calcium, protein, all the vitamins in the world, etc. I DO try. But I can’t control these salty urges. All this is just so new to me, and I’m kind of overwhelmed.

I’ve been reading a lot on being pregnant, and so the highlight of this week is that I should be able to feel the movement of the baby. They say it’ll feel like flutter of butterflies in the stomach.

The problem is, I have no idea how that is supposed to feel like. It’s all relative isn’t it? A flutter of butterflies could be jabs of the third kind for all I care! Homer is convinced that some of the weird “activities” that I’ve felt was the baby. I on the hand, am more skeptical, with my luck, it could just be gas.

So, for those who’ve been through pregnancy, some enlightenment please?

-so-much-activity-in-the-tummy-L