Monday, July 11, 2005

The only great time to have ..

A protruding tummy.

On the fashion frontline, this is a good, nay .. make it the best time to be part of the preggios front. The sight of a pregnant bellied woman in a tight top is no longer considered offensive or inappropriate; in fact, a pregnant woman’s body has now finally found its place where it truly belong. True magnificence where life begins and kept safe until the baby is ready to come out to the world. I mean, see how great these celebrities look!

Alright .. in all seriousness, yes, I agree 110% with what I’ve just said but if truth be told.. it’s really tough living with yourself while your body goes through all the changes it needs to accommodate your bundle of joy.

First, you suddenly realized that your pants just don’t fit right anymore and you’re not sure whether its your thundering thighs or your damn hips. Next, there’s that gap between the darn top 2 buttons of your shirt, and trying to pin it up just makes it look like you are falsely imprisoning your best buddies. Then, all hell breaks loose. You no longer recognize your body, what with the expanding hips, belly jutting out, darkening of the areolas, innie becomes outie …

It’s very much IN today, to have your pictures taken; in all the glories of imminent motherhood. Since my tummy has now, as what the experts identify as “popped out” (in other words – showing lah), Homer, the self acclaimed photography genius thought that we should take pictures too, so we can see how I develop in the next 4 months. Who knows? Maybe we’d post it in the blog, I mean I ain’t that BAD looking and everyone has been saying how radiant I look now.

Well, well, turns out that they are either; all great in telling outright lies! Or as Homer puts it, “our camera doesn’t have the right speed exposure / not able to capture / the lighting is just not right / I just can’t find the right angle”. Bah! Not in a million years would I ever allow the pictures to be posted. Snap a photo of Mrs Potato Head – voila! That’s it ..

However does Britney Spears get away looking great with all the paparazzi snapping away?? A good friend of mine, Madam Luxury is one of those people that looks great throughout her pregnancy. I saw her just last month and she looked like she just popped in a volleyball in her shirt! With one month to go, she’s truly an inspiration, if she can do it so can I! And if all else fails, I have an ever loving magic talking mirror that has nothing but WONDERFUL things to say about me in the form of Homer to help me start and end the day.

-smack-me-if-you-see-me-in-those-tent-like-dress-L