Friday, July 08, 2005

Looking for better days ahead..


Yesterday, I was shaken with the news of the London blasts.. we were on our way to
city centre for some window shopping when we heard it over the radio. Dubai’s population are predominantly expats and many from the UK, in fact the one of the deejay on duty sounded so shaken he actually excused himself so that he can make some phone calls to check on his family.. I was near tears, perhaps it was the hormones, perhaps it’s the wonderment of what has our world turned into?

A dear friend stays smack in central London with his lovely and kind wife, and I was frantic to find out how they were. Called B-L-G, who had no idea what had happened and after 30 minutes or so, was relieved to receive a text message confirming that they are both safe and sound.

Feeling better, we went on with our shopping research for strollers.. I know its wayyyyyy too early (as Entrepreneurina had clearly pointed out) but we can’t help it!!! We’ve been eyeing this stroller around Dubai, and it looks so sleek! We spent hours in the shop pushing it around, folding and unfolding it… Goes to show how easy it is to make me bounce back to my cheerful positive self!

This entry may be borderline insensitive to the somber episodes in London, but as I watched the BBC news, I am encouraged to see how resilient Londoners are, not allowing fear to take over, focusing on how to keep on moving forward. My hats off to everyone over there, who has courageously taken their first steps to resume their normal lives.

To my fellow blogger friends in London, hope that all of you are safe and well. And remember, a smile goes a long way.

-keeping-positive-L