Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The silent scream..

Perhaps it’s the color I was wearing, perhaps it’s the extra glow or perhaps it’s because I’ve been rather mean to Homer all these while, many guessed that we’re expecting a boy..

Well what can I say .. except that the power of me (and the technician’s educated guess) may (will?) over rule all speculations. Ah, well.. irregardless, this stuff is never 100% certain. And it doesn’t really matter whether we’re getting pink or blue blankets .. as long as the baby’s healthy. But, girly stuff is becoming so irresistible…

Moving on, I did the unthinkable… No it’s not what you think, I did something that kinda shocked Homer for a whole 2 minutes! Ready? I ripped his already thoroughly worn undies. Yes, you heard it right, I tore his favorite underwear.

I told him many times to throw his comfy undie away, so while folding laundry last night, I was so irritated with that one grey underwear, that I just started nagging and after a few minutes I snapped; and ripped it with my bare hands!!

If I could frame that particular Homer moment, it’ll creepily look something like “The Scream”.





I can never understand the bond between a man and his favorite underwear, I suppose it’s similar to a child with his blankie (or bantal busuk). After his fantastic impersonation of Edvard Munch’s Scream; he proceeded to take the ripped undie, wore it and paraded a-la-Chippendale.

Lesson sorely learned. NEVER EVER destroy your loved ones favorite clothing item; especially underwear.

-still-having-nightmares-L