Wednesday, January 05, 2005

The Graduate in Dubai!

While driving today, I heard over the radio; promos for The Graduate. Whaa?? Did I hear that correctly? Waa-hay! I’ve always wanted to watch that play, ever since Brave-Lawyer-Gal raved about it when she happened to catch it in London.

Jerry Hall played the part of Mrs. Robinson; and yup, you guessed it, stripped down to her birthday suit. I doubt they’ll be doing that scene here (can hear Homer shouting D’OH!).

I picked up a newspaper today to find out more about the play. This is what I found in page 3, full page colored advertisement.

The Graduate
Directed by Divya Palat
Featuring Zeenat Aman, Rageshwari and Aditya
With music of Simon and Garfunkel

Only in Dubai, ladies and gentlemen! West End meets Bollywood!

I’m not too familiar with the 2 younger casts, but the name Zeenat Aman rings a bell, and I think she’ll make a great Mrs. Robinson… She looks great in the poster.


"Would you like me to seduce you?.. Is that what you're trying to tell me?"
"I want you to know that I'm available to you anytime you want"


The image of Bollywood actors belting those lines while shaking their heads (accents included) is enough to make me snort out a little laugh.

It’s only for one day, 14th January. Dang! I already made plans to attend Mr. Vice President’s wedding!

AAaaarrgghhh!!

-am-not-bollywood-crazy-but-i-think-i-know-of-zeenat-aman-L