Sunday, January 02, 2005

Why is my spinach salty?

Here in Dubai, I have been testing my culinary skills almost everyday. A far cry from when I was back in KL. In fact, I only got the gas line connected 3 days before Hari Raya, 11 months after I have moved in to my place! So far, nothing has caught fire, burnt or turned completely unedible.

Today, I had a special menu worked out.

Grilled Salmon Steak, Calamari Fritters with Cream Cheese Spinach.

Grilled Salmon Steak - check! Cooked to perfection if I may add.
Calamari Fritters - check! Crispy on the outside, fluffy inside.
Cream Cheese Spinach - erm.....Salty!Salty!Salty! Salty than the Dead Sea!

What I don't get is that the spinach tasted fine while it was simmering. Could I have bought a salted spinach? Or maybe the cream cheese was a little heavy on the salt? Or maybe, just maybe, I have salt sprinkling fingers..

According to Malay old wives tales, if a young lady of marriageable age cooks something and it turned out salty, she's about to get married..

Ahem!?

-tongue-is-still-tingling-L