Saturday, January 22, 2005

It's gettin' HOT in herrree..



Yesterday I was back at my nenek's (grandma's) place for Aidil Adha celebration, and the weather was HOT, HOT, HOT! I splish-splashed in the bathroom twice! Nenek doesn't really believe in showers, so she still has the kolah (mini elevated pool inside the bathroom) and we have to use gayung (small pail) and pour water on ourselves... and since it was hot.. the cold water splash is heavenly..


Here are the things that you can always count on at nenek's place during big celebration-

-Food. Her sambal ayam (chicken cooked with chillies) is legendary. Cousins who came in the afternoon did not have any, probably because I collectively ate a whole chicken.

- Gossips from the usual suspects (the junior club). Apparently, three of my cousins decided to get married this year. If you ask me, they are NOT ready. All they could ask me was, what colour theme should they choose for their wedding. I felt like telling them BLACK.. (erm, bitchy me..), but seriously, wedding is NOT just about which color looks great on you.

- Gossips from the usual suspects (the senior club). Still on weddings, 3 aunts will now compete on who will put on the best reception and hantaran (wedding gifts to their future son-in-laws)

- Mini fights between toddlers. Apparently, they still cannot grasp the concept of sharing.

Things I did not count on:

Everytime my mum and dad goes mushy over Aqeef (Sing-Sing gals baby).. Some aunt would say (at the top of their lungs!) " L.. bila lagi ni... Papa 'ngan mummy kau mcm dah tak sabar tu.."*



Arrgghhhh! No pressure please .. erk! can someone please let some air in, suddenly it's hot again..

-how-to-make-baby-when-Homer-is-a-baby?-L

*"When is your turn? Papa and mummy looks like they can't wait to become grannies.."