Monday, January 03, 2005

I never learn..


Today is market research day. That means I go around a mall, look at stores related to the industry I work in to see what's new and whether the formula that we are using now, still apply to the current market . And so after my "research", I had some time to kill before picking Homer from work.

I was trying REALLY hard NOT to walk in any clothings store, but alas, when I saw RED signs in bold blocks, 40% off, I crumbled.. eheheh. Mango (or MNG for KL-ites) is having storewide sale up to 40%! I can't turn my back to that...they NEED me, or at least that's what I tell myself.

Alright..alright I confess, Mango has been having the sale for about 10 days now, and I have been buying stuff like bees in a honey frenzy. It's just that everytime I go in that store, I go out with something. What can I say? Things in my size keeps appearing..

I am embarassed to tell you this, but afterwards, I went to this other store called "forever 21". I don't think they have it in KL but I heard from my lawyer friend that they just opened one in Singapore.

Anyway, this store is really great. Think MNG meets Topshop. They have all this cute li'l tops and skirts.. and I just couldn't resist to try the *gulp* tiny minis..The thing is, this is NOT my first time trying them on. In any case, the first time around, I looked at the reflection and thought...hahahahahahaha! Are you kidding??? You're bloody 30 years old! You're NOT 18!! And look at those thighs!!! arrrgghhhhhh!

I don't know what made me do it AGAIN. Same reaction. Only this time I thought, " If you looked like an idiot the last time you tried them on, what made you think its any different today??!! And my! Those thighs have grown!!!

hahahahahahahaha..I'm glad I can still laugh at myself *wiping tears*.

My deepest apologies, Mr. Mirror.

Damn those pink pleated minis!

-i-can-still-carry-off-knee-length-skirt-phew!-L


note to brave-lawyer-gal: think I was possessed. Why else would I do this to myself?
hahahahahahaha...