Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Shall we dance?


Alright, I am GUILTY…. Guilty of watching the corniest movie ever! I am a sucker for anything Richard Gere, and so I found myself watching Shall We Dance? The storyline was overworked and borderline ridiculous; but oddly, I kept on watching (hello?? Richard Gere… )

In real life, I doubt that it will end in high spirits. Richard Gere’s character, Mr. Clarke, would have had an affair with the dance instructor (it’s Jennifer Lopez, for goodness sake!) and Susan Sarandon, Mrs. Clarke would have slept with the private detective.

But we are in la-la movie land, and so, happy-happy-joy-joy it is. Watch it if you identify with the following:

1. Richard Gere
2. Jennifer Lopez
3. A sucker for feel good movie / Everything works itself out in the end.
4. In dire need of an affirmation that (married) men can be trusted.

Hmm… wonder if Homer is up to taking dance lessons ..

-dancing-L