Saturday, December 25, 2004

Charmed?


The most civil and commonsensical break up scene ever on the silver screen has got to be between Kathleen (Meg Ryan) and Frank (Greg Kinnear) in You've Got Mail.

*giggling and smiling..*

What about you? Is there someone else?
No............No, but there is the dream of some one else..

They went on home and he packed his stuff, took a cab and left.

Just like that, case closed, time to move on..
Wouldn't it be great if all break ups are like that.

I'm drawn again to the case of the jilted bride, what a dreadful situation to be in. Devoid of interesting gossips, I find myself following the story. The continuation doesn't surprise me, the runaway groom was charmed, claims family.

Why is it that when things go wrong, many of us are quick to put the blame on black magic or charm. Just because you can't explain it, it MUST be due to some mysterious phantom taking over the person and therefore resulting in his or her unexplainable behaviour.

I do believe that the super naturals exist, but my question is, if its not a "popular" decision, does it always mean that something "else" made you do it? To me, it's all about fast and easy fix, nothing is your fault..hey, it's NOT me, I was under an unexplained spell that make me do things I wouldn't do. Hmmph.

It's been said and done, why the excuses? Just admit it.."He's just not that INTO her". There.. isn't that easy? It's going to be painful but at least its the truth. The mumbo-jumbo "he was charmed" does not make it easier to accept the fact that it is over.

If only we all can be open, honest and forgiving. Then we can all sit down in a coffee shop, decide that we're not compatible, have a giggle and go our separate ways.

Alas, we're all under a spell...

-someone-made-me-write-this-L