Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Life analogy.

I spent this whole morning jumping from one blog to another, it's funny how other people's life intrigues us so much (or maybe its just me, help!). I suppose deep down inside we all want to know how other people live their life, do we measure up?, am I normal?, are we all confused and if we are, can anyone out there help us?

Back home, I surround myself with friends and each of them have their own way of tackling the web of life. And boy! we are certainly a bunch of bananas! I've always been a good listener, but more so, due to an uncontrollable "misadventure" switch, have always had so much to add to our endless hodge podge of banana mush.

What is it about life that is so wild and unpredictable? And why so many amongst us get caught up in the ups and downs of relationships? Well, here's my take-

We are all trying to keep our heads up, all of us are struggling in this ocean called "LIFE". We all have the same basic ability to swim (survive), some may be better off and may own a kayak/boat/yacht (depending on their wealth), nevertheless it is all up to our own ability to keep ourselves from drowning (engulfed in immense sorrow/wallowing in self pity/etc).

Every now and then you'll meet fellow swimmers (or some one in a kayak/boat/yacht) that you can get along with, or going in the same direction, depending on the intensity of "chemistry", they become your friends or perhaps more than that.

In my case, I started off swimming, and I met other fellow swimmers as we all were riding the same wave. Eventually I met someone, we swam together, but after a while he seems to be dragging me down. I was lucky to be able to let go before I completely drowned. I faced this many times..

I swam slower after each incident, depended more on the current of my fellow friends.. A few times we all caught a lucky break and hooked on bigger waves (and perhaps the occasional ride on the ferry..) and managed to get ourselves out of the water and so the journey begins with a nice little kayak.

While I paddled on, my muscles grew stronger, my heart healed. And one fine day, I saw a swimmer with long strokes, calm and confident. He finally caught up with me and decided to paddle together, with his strength, the kayak (hmm, maybe it's a boat now, with an unnumbered horse power engine? who knows?) now moves faster, we are now a single unit. It's not easy, but we work hard to be a team.

I am sure that everyone can relate to this. Even if you're on a 100 ft yacht, you'll have to get wet first before you get in it. If at any point of time you get hit by a powerful thunderstorm, and your beloved kayak/boat/yacht sinks, you need to be able to keep your heads up!And so it begins all over again...

To end with a lighter note, I am humming to myself , "just keep swimming..just keep swimming...swimming..swimming..swimming..hmm..hmm" just like Dora from Finding Nemo.. After all she did find Nemo!

-working-hard-for-a-nice-little-boat-L