Monday, December 20, 2004

Dubai driving 101


Maneuvering the car from the left hand side is not as difficult as I thought it would be, but gosh..driving here is unnerving. Everybody..and I mean e-very-bodayh! drives like Schumacher.


Given their wealth, most people have big engine cars and they really make full use of it. Even in residential areas, cars zoom in at 100 km/h! I admit that the roads here are in excellent condition, a far cry from the usual pot-holled and uneven paved roads I'm used to. But still, when you're trying to figure out which lane to be to get to your destination, it is s-c-a-r-y to see a giant landcruiser on the rear view mirror coming up to runneth you over like a roadkill.


I guess there is no better way to learn how to get around than to just grit your teeth and push on the gas pedal, and not to mention having damn thick skin whenever you get blaringly honked! Hmm, I wonder if they have a sticker that says "I'm new here..Gimme a break!!".


I wonder if we can afford those gprs-road-map built in cars....


-i-know-i-can-L-