Monday, December 27, 2004

The earth has spoken..

And it's a serious conversation.

We are now left to face the aftermath of the biggest quake in 40 years. At the time of this entry, the death toll is has risen to 13,300.


It unleashed its fury - Indonesia, Malaysia, India, Bangladesh, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Maldives and other coutries surrounding the epicentre of the earthquake suffered in its wake. When I picked Homer up from work yesterday, it was all he could talk about. We were both glued on CNN and BBC news.


Amidst all this, I am stunned,and thought to myself;


The balance of nature is never certain; it hangs precariously on each of mothernature's fingertips.

A plate slips from our hands, it falls and breaks. The earth plate moves, the jolt is disastrous..Tremors felt thousands of miles away, buildings crumble. Walls of water crushes down, drowning civilizations.


Natural calamity has taken so much from us; and yet our thirst for blood is so unquenchable that we need to seek for more.. Will the cycle never end?

As I woke up this morning, I saw that my lawn is unusually a deeper shade of green. It had rained. A phenomenon few and far between in this land I now call home. Even the desert sky is swollen with sadness and shed tears..

-melancholic-L-