Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Things I learned today..

That I didn't know yesterday..


1. Death toll of the devastating earthquake in Acheh has dramatically risen to 44,000. It is expected to rise further. Heartbreaking..


2. Dubai drivers do NOT know how to handle their cars in the rain! At one point, all cars as far as my eyes can see had their blinking hazard lights on! It wasn't even really raining that hard, as a KLite, I've driven in much worse thunderstorm. I checked a few websites on driving in the rain and NOT one of them said anything about turning on hazard lights. Here's one particular site that I found useful. Sheesh! cars zooming with hazards lights on, which way are you going, mister!


3. When you plan to have a short "relaxing" coffee break by yourself, do NOT pick a table between a group of teenage girls and a group of horny french tourist boys. I officially became a disgruntled postal worker at 4 pm. Really! Several notes passed through yours truly


4. Men do change after marriage. Today, Homer finished the last piece of hash brown, without asking whether I wanted it. I prepared fried chicken and hash brown, and since his body mass is more than mine, he eats more than I do. However, he ALWAYS asks me whether it's okay for him to gobble everything down. Come to think of it, he used to set the table before ANY meal..*sigh* gone are the days..."batu belah, batu bertangkup, telanlah aku, aku kempunan hash brown..."


-wiser-L