Friday, December 31, 2004

Adieu, adieu...

I feel like I have been in a time warp zone.

*blink*

I am cleaning up my place after a successful albeit no view of KL fireworks 2004 New Year’s Eve Party.

*blink*

Falling down over 200 times while skiing in Tehran and most probably forced my ski instructor to an early retirement.

*blink*

Homer managed to talk his way into my hotel room in Singapore to surprise me on my birthday, while I was out partying with my boss! And who can forget that gift?

*blink*

Pretending to be an art patron in a gallery and ended up buying six paintings in Bali!

*blink*

(Mouth open) watching a male dancer gyrate his body on a pool table with nothing but a sock on his you-know-what in a club at Castro.

*blink*

Burning the dance floor with Barney, Lil’ Bob and BJ (without their costumes, of course) at HRC

*blink*

Running around the apartment screaming “aiieeeee!!! A bat! A bat!”

*blink*

4 girls pretending to be Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda (with outfits to match!) drinking Milo ais at a mamak stall

*blink*

2 bundles of joy arrived for 2 of my favorite people.

*blink*

Watched the news in horror as the Acheh earthquake aftermath unfolds.

*blink*

Faces of family and friends laughing and smiling, warmth envelopes my being, and for this I am eternally grateful.

*blink*

Watching the sun set against the Burj Al Arab, soft violet rays rest on the horizon, arms wrapped around sweet Homer, keeping him warm.

*blink*

Life is capricious, sometimes good, sometimes bad and sometimes ugly. We made it through, we kept our heads up, we kept swimming and we will keep it up with strong strokes .... and we shall never stop, until our time is up.

-farewell-2004-L